A temperature data logger is basically a portable temperature recorder that can be used to record temperature variations and readings over a set time frame. A temperature logger has diverse applications but mostly the ultimate purpose is to record temperature.
The digital data it collects can then be easily taken and analyzed. A temperature data logger can be used in different areas including industrial complexes, warehouses, and even commercial spaces such as malls and restaurants.
Uses of Temperature Data Loggers
Temperature loggers have a number of applications. These include:
- Environmental Monitoring: One of the main purposes of a temperature data logger is to monitor the level of temperature in the environment. The digital readings it takes on a set period of time can offer vital clues on weather patterns and help predict temperature levels quite easily.
- A temperature recorder is used for recording of temperature during transportation of temperature sensitive goods such as medicine, vaccine, food, vegetable, frozen good items etc.
- Temperature Monitoring in Industrial Complexes and Warehouses: On establishments where there is a strong need to keep temperatures at specific levels, a temperature data logger can indeed come in handy. In most cases, warehouses that store foodstuffs will often have a temperature data logger that is basically used to ensure that the temperature is maintained at a specific level to prevent the foodstuffs from getting spoilt. The same also applies to industrial complexes where a change in temperature can affect processes and cause major losses.
- Memory capacity: The number of recordings of a temperature logger is decided by the memory capacity of the device. We have different models starting from 8000 readings up to 128,000 readings. A device with 8000 readings can record for 27 days if the sampling interval is 5 minutes.
- Data transfer : It should be possible to transfer the recorded readings through a simple USB cable instead of any special adaptors or docking stations
- Programming software: Our data loggers come with free software for programming and downloading the data.
- Alarm programming: It is possible to set two levels of high alerts and two levels of low alarms each with separate delay timings. This helps the user to set fully customizable alarms. Also there are Red and Blue LEDs for indicating the alarms
- Re-usability: This is also a very important attribute that you should look out for in a temperature logger. A logger that can be reused any number of times is called multi use data logger and any model which can be used only once is termed as single use temperature logger or disposable temperature logger
- The Battery Life and type of battery: A data logger is normally not connected to a power supply and hence the battery should have a good life time. Also the battery should be easily available for purchase and the customer should be able to replace himself.
How to Buy the Perfect Temperature Logger?
Buying a temperature logger is quite easy. The good news is, the market offers a remarkable diversity of temperature recorders to choose from and it should be easy for you to find something that suits your needs. However, there are some important factors that should basically influence which temperature data logger you buy. Our numerous models of temperature data loggers give you the freedom to select to suit your requirement. Here is an overview of a few factors:
Multi use Temperature recorder model iMini MX-IN-S-8-L
iMini series, model no. MX-IN-S-8-L is one of our most popular temperature recorder data logger which is simple to operate and download the data. Technical details of this model are as below:
|Memory Options||8000 to 128000 readings|
|Program Interval||5 seconds to 17 hours|
|Time Accuracy||±1 hour per year|
|Sensors||Internal and /or external|
|Temperature Range||-40 ⁰C to +80 ⁰C (-40 ⁰F to +176 ⁰F)|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.5 °C (-40 °C to -10 °C), |
±1 °F (-40 °F to +14 °F)
±0.3 °C (-10 °C to +70 °C),
±0.6 °F (+14 °F to +158 °F)
|Resolution||0.1 °C / 0.1 °F / 0.1%|
|Sensor Response Time||Internal Sensor – T90 of 20 minutes in moving air External Sensor – T90 of 5 minutes in moving air|
|LCD Operating Range||-20 °C to +70 °C (-4 °F to +158 °F)|
|Alarm Thresholds||4 thresholds; 2 red LEDs, 2 blue LEDs|
|Alarm Configuration||HIGH HIGH, HIGH, LOW & LOW LOW|
|Preprogram Option||User programmable|
|Start Option||Push button and/or timer|
|Start Delay||Yes, 1 minute to 99 days|
|Stop Option||Stop Option can be disabled by Timer|
|Size||83 x 57 x 17mm (excluding lug)|
|Weight||70 grams (including battery)|
|Battery||3.0V, user replaceable (Panasonic only)|
|IP Rating||IP65 (with plastic cap over USB connector)|
|Warranty||24 months, excluding battery (Multi use loggers) One Trip, excluding battery (Single trip loggers)|
|Calibration||NIST Traceable upon request|
|Other Certification||ISO9001:2008, CE, RoHS|
|Battery Life||1-2 years (depending on usage)|
|Interface||1-2 years (depending on usage)|
|Default File Format||CVT|
|PDF, TXT, CSV & CVT|
|Password protected (programmable using Console Plus Software) encrypted binary file is generated along with PDF|