Any household, industrial or official appliances, reliant on power supply (electric currents or electromagnetic fields) for its working is called electrical equipment. These electrical equipment themselves, may also be responsible for the generation, transfer or measurement of the electricity. Therefore such equipment which are; either dependent on, or produce electricity (current or field) is known as electrical or electronic equipment, generally known as EEE. The power supplied to these EEE could either be directly connected to the source or could be stored and used in the form of battery. These appliances require to undergo definite processes of either reuse or recycle when they have stopped working or are considered as waste. Vacker Nigeria supplies these Electrical Equipment in regions such as Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Aba, Ibadan and Kano.
To incorporate the vast range of EEE being used today and to be able to classify them accordingly, they are generally grouped as follows:
- Electronic appliances being used in our homes
- Large equipment
- Small equipment
- Appliances that are built for the purpose of information technology like computers and telecommunications like phones, fax etc.
- Equipment used for the small scale media purpose commonly known as consumer appliances, e.g. Radio, TV, cameras etc.
- Equipment responsible to spread and regulate lights for e.g. lamps
- Tools that are used in day to day works, which are handy. For e.g. mower, welding, drilling etc.
- Equipment used for sports or those made as toys. E.g. video games, coin slot machines etc.
- Large and small appliances that are used in the field of medicine. E.g. dialysis, cardiology etc.
- Other equipment that are used for monitoring and controlling purposes, for e.g. thermostat, smoke detector etc.
- Machines used for dispensing foods or other products, which run automatically.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
All electric equipment (EEE) that have come to an end, either it be; due to breakdown or due to expiry, it is considered as waste, namely Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). In 2005, the first regulation regarding WEEE had come forward effectively, however the protocols was reviewed, amended and reinforced from July 2011. The waste management protocol for EEE not only is for the equipment but it also includes all the accessories, components and parts associated with the equipment being discarded as waste.
The regulatory protocols for the waste management of EEE has listed few responsibilities for all kinds of manufacturers or dealers related to the electronic equipment. They are encouraged to manufacture their products which are easier to handle even after the end of their lifespan. For example they are suggested to be made easier to recycle, reuse or disassembly.
End users of equipment
Not only the manufacturers, but also the consumers are equally responsible for the proper waste management of the electronic or electrical equipment.
The end users, who could either be the manufacturer or dealer (due to mechanical or technical breakdown) or the consumer (due to end of life) are obliged for WEEE. When the equipment is ready of disposal, the end user has two alternatives on how the waste will be handled:
- The end user can take the discarded equipment back to the retailer, which is possible only if the consumer buys another of the same product form the same retailor. This service is usually free of charge.
- Household waste recycling center also provides free service of accepting household WEEE
As, the electric and electrical equipment contain various hazardous substances, they become a threat to our environment and health, if disposed with other normal wastes. Therefore these WEEE should be handled separately. The producers themselves are liable for the proper collection, reuse or recycle of these waste. The waste management expenses must also be carried by the producers themselves.
Cables :- This content will be published shortly, we appreciate your interest.For any inquiries, kindly Contact Us on +254205293767 or send a mail to c...
LED :- This content will be published shortly, we appreciate your interest.For any inquiries, kindly Contact Us on +254205293767 or send a mail to cont...
Thermocouple :- Vacker Nigeria supplies an electrical device we know as ‘Thermocouple’. It is a simple device that consists of two distinct conduct...
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) :- If we talk about commonly used electrical apparatus, then UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply also commonly known a...
Generator :- In modern world of science and technology, there are many devices that rely on electricity for operation. Today we live in a generation wh...
Humidifiers :- When the climate of a region is very dry it creates lots of problem for the household, industries, offices etc. because it may be really...